“There were lots of opportunities to hear from the experts but also share insights with peer professionals. It was, appropriately, an excellent learning environment. It’s always affirming to hear that people in the same profession are facing similar challenges” Anne Hodges – L&D Manager , Participant UnConference 2012
We are pleased to announce the 2nd Learning Cafe UnConference on 21 Feb 2013, Thurs at the Australian Technology Park in Sydney. The theme for the UnConference is “Learning in 2013 – At Crossroads”, as we at Learning Cafe believe that the Learning profession is undergoing a structural change and our customers are demanding a more flexible and sophisticated view of Learning.
The UnConference is designed to be a unique and value add professional development event for Learning, Capability and HR professionals. Why is it unique ?
- We cover forward looking trends and themes relevant to our profession. No “push presentations”. Participate in sessions facilitated by experienced L&D professionals.
- No exhibitions or selling messages. We discuss what is relevant and not what is sponsored.
- Gathering of experienced and passionate practitioners who want improve their craft. Confirmed participants from QBE, IAG, Macquarie, RBF, Red Cross, Westpac EY, KPMG etc
- Speak out as it is – We explore contrarian views to some popular perceptions (e.g “Why Learning is too important to be in HR”)
- Focus on quality not quantity. The UnConference will be limited to 100 participants (first come first serve). No exorbitant fees just 275 + GST (early bird), 300 + GST (Regular).
Our stream leads ensure that their streams and the UnConference remain grounded and practical.
- Effective Learning – Bob Spence – Editor – Learning Cafe Blog
- Focus on Performance – Michael Eichler – Sr Manager – Leadership & Learning, IAG
- Developing our Profession – Nicola Atkinson – Head Learning & Development at Ashurst (Formerly Blake Dawson)
- Enabling Technology – Rob Wilkins – Head of Learning – Aussie Home Loans
- Synthesis and Integration – Peter Davis (Co-Editor) & Jeevan Joshi (Producer)
Have a look at the UnConference Content and Structure and you will see why the Learning Cafe UnConference is unique and value adds. 95% of the participants who attended the 2012 UnConference, said they would come back.
We are so confident that the UnConference content will value add (no matter how experienced you are) that we will refund 50% of the fees if you don’t think it did .
This is a unique event open to a limited number of experienced learning & development professionals to maintain the quality and intimacy of discussions.
- Date : Thursday, 21 Feb 2013
- Costs :$300 + GST
- Venue : Australian Technology Park. Sydney
Announcing Learning Cafe UnConference 2013