Learning Cafe is kicking of another collaborative project exploring the application of Behavioural Economics to Learning.
The hypothesis will test is
“Applying behavioural economics to decisions made for employee learning will assist L&D in becoming more effective in delivering business outcomes.”
We will look into behavioural aspects of what should be rational decisions made at the :
- Company level – L&D spend, Philosophy of Employee Development How is ROI viewed.
- Manager Level – How they spend L&D budget, Who do they send for training,
- Learner Level – Whether they undertake Training. How much time they decide to spend etc etc
Working Group Kick Off Meeting Recording
A Beginner’s Guide to Irrational Behaviour – MOOC
- Link www.coursera.org/course/behavioralecon
- Dates Six week course commencing March 11., 2014
- Cost : Free
- Recommended Effort required : 4-11 hours of work / week