Date : Thu, May 23, 2013 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM AEST
How is Learning Design doing in Australia ? Are we good ? Are we innovative ? Do we improve our Learning Design processes ? Or are we simply too rushed to think about good design and incorporate improvements ?
We take a look at Learning Design in Australia at two levels, 1. Learning Design (techniques/frameworks) and 2. Learning Design Process (including maturity and continuous improvement). We share some of our research, talk to an experienced panel, hear from organisations about their Learning Design process and as always state the Learning Cafe point of view. We cover:
Learning Cafe Research
- What are the common approaches for Learning Design ?
- Do the design approaches differ for technology enabled learning ?
- What is the current Learning Design approach and process used in your organisation ?
- Have we restricted ourselves to simple sequential design frameworks which are inadequate for complex and integrated learning ?Are our Learning Design processes mature and do we keep improving them ?
- Is Learning Design mostly focused on compliance or systems training ?
- Does the capability of Instruction and Learning Designers need to be enhanced ?
- Are the change approaches for Learning meeting the needs to be responsive and agile ?
- What are some of the some of the emerging models of design outside of learning ? Can be borrow from game and social media design ?
- Mike Keppell -Executive Director and Professor, Australian Digital Futures Institute ,University of Southern Queensland. Mike has a long professional history in higher education in Australia, Canada and Hong Kong. He was Professor of Higher Education and Director of the Flexible Learning Institute at Charles Sturt University, and prior to that was Head of the Centre for Learning, Teaching and Technology at the Hong Kong Institute of Education.
- Peter Hall – Head of Learning and Development, QBE Insurance. Peter Hall has held senior L&D leadership positions with Westpac St George and IAG. Learning Cafe interview with Peter Hall
- Helen Blunden – Virtual Learning Consultant for NAB. Helen has been involved with Learning Design over 23 years as a designer, manager and consultant for leading Australian organisations.
We explore what organisations are doing in our Workplace Practices Section
- Tim Banning – Wespac Design Team – Design process at Westpac
- Jason La Greca Manager – Learning Technologies and eLearning at Access Macquarie Ltd (Macquarie Uni) – Design process for innovative learning.
Jeevan Joshi – Moderator – Jeevan is the producer of Learning Cafe and Director at KnowledgeWorking. Jeevan is an experienced Learning and HR practitioner who is passionate about enhancing the capabilities of Learning professions and the digitisation of the Learning function.
This event is supported by
Learning Design in Australia – Is it mature enough ?
(1) Reader Comment
November 25, 2011
September 30, 2011
October 03, 2011
August 23, 2011
December 29, 2015
I'm sorry I missed this webinar... I partecipated an interesting exper
Everyone loves what you guys tend to be up too. This kind of clever wo
Please add your comments during the webinar. The comments are not bein
Hello, I am unable to view the recording 'moocs at work'. I sign in
Taking my own MOOC as an illustration, when the course website opens t