What are Learning Cafe Coffee catch ups ?
LearningCafe organizes coffee catch ups every once a month for experienced Learning Managers and Practitioners across cities in Australia. The discussion focuses on current Learning trends, challenges and opportunities at the workplace. All opinions and insights are welcome.
Who can join the catch up ?
Invitation to the Learning Café is extended to L&D enthusiasts who:
- Have expertise or interest in the
- Effectiveness of learning to deliver business results.
- Developing capability of the learning function.
- Implementation of “new learning* which encompasses blended learning, performance support, e-Learning etc.
- Have a bias for putting into practice (as opposed to academic interest), so that we can discuss barriers/ challenges/ realities i.e. the grit of deploying “new learning” or increasing the effectiveness of learning in organisations.
- Interested in pure discussion (not selling products, or services or expertise) and maintain the integrity of the discussion.
- The Learning Cafe will be held at a time/ date agreed by the group. Each Learning Café usually has 10 – 12 members.
- You are not expected to attend every meeting given our busy schedules. 4 – 5 members usually turn up which results in some interesting conversion.
- Moderation of a session rotates amongst the members. The topic for the session is chosen in advance by the group.
- As a group of experienced professionals everyone’s contribution is valued and differences in opinions are respected.
- The discussion especially about work related issues/ topics are kept confidential within the group.
- The group meets at a coffee shop and bill for the coffee is a shared expense or the event is hosted by one of the members at their office.
Any preparation required ?
Not really just your insights and opinions.Some research on the topic to share with the group will be appreciated.
What happens after ?
Insights are incorporated into a webinar which is then shared with the larger L&D community
Whom do I contact ? Please use the contact form
- David Le Page – Melbourne
- Robin Petterd – Hobart
- Jenelyn Hall – Brisbane
- Nadia Blaess – Adelaide
- Kevin Sinclair – Newcastle
- Loren Hutton – North Ryde
- Jeevan Joshi – Sydney