Date : 28 March, Thursday 12 pm – 1 pm, EST /Sydney
“Change is a learning process and learning is a change process” – Beckard and Pritchard
Learning and Change Management are joined at the hip. As Learning professionals become more experienced they begin to see that learning interventions isolated from the larger work context are likely to be ineffective.
We talk to an experienced panel of Learning and Change professionals about their views, opinions and experience in applying change management to Learning initiatives involving classroom, online, blended and social learning.
Some questions we discuss with the panel:
- What are the current approaches/ trends for managing change for Learning initiatives ? We look at contemporary Change Management frameworks including the Burke and Lewin Model of Organisational Performance and Change.
- Their experiences including:
- Approach for designing and implementing a Technical Academy.
- Change management for learning technology projects in financial services.
- Change approach when Learning is integrated with other HR processes for large transformation initiatives.
- Many Learning professionals are skilled in change management (and visa versa). Does this result in better results due to closer integration ?
- Do the change approaches differ for technology enabled learning ?
- Are the change approaches for Learning meeting the needs to be responsive and agility ?
We have an experienced panel who are passionate about Change Management for Learning.
- Michelle Ockers – National Supply Chain Technical Capability Manager at Coca-Cola Amatil – Michelle is an experienced Learning professional, with depth in learning strategy and program development and implementation, project management, stakeholder management and change management. Michelle has developed and delivered learning strategy and solutions, learning programs and change initiatives in military aviation, manufacturing, financial services, energy and telecommunications industries.
- Rowena Maxwell – Rowena Maxwell has over 20 years experience in Learning & Development Consulting and Management roles with organisations like Canon, Vodafone, AMP, Citigroup, Suncorp, IAG, Commonwealth Bank and Institute of Chartered Accountants. Her experience in Learning & Development covers the end-to-end learning cycle and includes all mediums of delivery. Rowena’s passion and focus over the last 10 years however, has been in the online learning and performance support space.
- Mark Busine – General Manager – NSW DDI. Mark has extensive experience in organisational development and consulting in both an internal and external capacity. He has significant HR and organisation development experience across a range of different industries and locations. Mark has published a number of articles, research papers, and white papers, most including “The New Reality of Mid-level Leadership: A Closer Look at Middle Managers in South East Asia”.
- Jeevan Joshi – Moderator – Jeevan is the producer of Learning Cafe and Director at KnowledgeWorking. Jeevan is an experienced Learning and HR practitioner who is passionate about enhancing the capabilities of Learning professions and the digitisation of the Learning function.
Managing the Change of Learning – Workplace Trends Forum
(0) Readers Comments
November 25, 2011
October 03, 2011
September 30, 2011
August 23, 2011
March 17, 2016
I am very interested in the outcome of this discussion. Is it possibl
I'm sorry I missed this webinar... I partecipated an interesting exper
Everyone loves what you guys tend to be up too. This kind of clever wo
Please add your comments during the webinar. The comments are not bein
Hello, I am unable to view the recording 'moocs at work'. I sign in