Social and Informal Learning, Onboarding, Collaboration & Innovation, Knowledge Exchange, Performance Support, Social Recruiting, Partner & alumni networks
- Do you want to leverage social networking at work, but don’t know where to start?
- Do you want to design and set-up networks that employees want to join?
- Do you want to establish the business case, and get stakeholder buy-in for employee social networks?
- Do you want to learn about governance, policy, risk management and socio-legal aspects of social networks?
Dates and Venue
Dates for 2014 to be announced.
Organisations can no longer afford to ignore the business implications of millions of individuals rapidly embracing social networking. When it works, employee networks can transform employee productivity, innovation and engagement. Many employee networks fail due to a number of reasons—from lack of strategy to lack of participation. In addition, there are risks and socio-legal aspects to consider.
This one-day hands-on practitioners workshop is focused on building a strong foundation and capability in your organisation to foster successful thriving employee networks.
Who Should Attend?
Anybody interested in developing or managing effective online communities for employees & partners including:
- Human Resources
- Learning and Development
- Employee Communications.
- Knowledge Managers
- Assess the readiness of your organisation for employee social networks, including social learning, performance support and employee engagement.
- Build the business case and get stakeholder buy-in.
- Develop governance and policy for your employee social networks.
- Consider socio-legal aspects of social networks and manage risks.
- Review technology based platforms including public (Facebook, Twitter) and private.
- Plan, set-up, nurture and grow effective social networks and communities.
- Recognise critical success factors for a thriving network.
- Begin developing skills and capabilities of a Community Manager.
- Identify key metrics for evaluating results and ROI.
Learning Design Features
- Learning Lab: Experiential learning using a social networking platform, to experience the life-cycle of an online community.
- Blended Learning: Access to e-learning materials and webinars.
- Better Practices: Based on the Learning Cafe community management model.
Jeevan Joshi, Producer, Learning Cafe & Director at KnowledgeWorking.
Jeevan is the founder and producer of learningcafe.com.au, a fast growing online community. He has assisted organisations to develop social learning & media strategy. He has over 18 years experience in the management of the Learning and HR functions with PWC, Deloitte, Boots Pharm, Westpac, St George Bank and Royal Australian College of Physicians. Jeevan has an MBA in HR and a Masters in Biotechnology.