“There were lots of opportunities to hear from the experts but also share insights with peer professionals. It was, appropriately, an excellent learning environment. It’s always affirming to hear that people in the same profession are facing similar challenges” Anne Hodges – L&D Manager , Participant UnConference 2012″
We are pleased to announce the 2nd Learning Cafe UnConference on 18 Feb 2015, Thurs at the Australian Technology Park in Sydney. The theme for the UnConference is “Reinventing Learning in Australia”, as we at Learning Cafe believe that the Learning profession is undergoing a structural change and our customers are demanding a more flexible and sophisticated view of Learning.
The UnConference is designed to be a unique and value add professional development event for Learning, Capability and HR professionals. Why is it unique ?
- We cover forward looking trends and themes relevant to our profession. No “push presentations”. Participate in sessions facilitated by experienced L&D professionals.
- Gathering of experienced and passionate practitioners who want to improve their craft.
- No exhibitions or selling messages. We discuss what is relevant and not what is sponsored.
- Speak out as it is – We explore contrarian views to some popular perceptions (e.g “Why Learning is too important to be in HR”)
- Focus on quality not quantity. The UnConference will be limited to 150 participants (first come first serve).
Our stream leads ensure that their streams and the UnConference remain grounded and practical.
- Focus on Performance – Peter Hall – Head of Learning and Development – Aus/Asia Pacific. QBE
- Effective Learning – – Nicola Atkinson – Global CoLead – Ashurst.
- Developing our Profession – Rob Wilkins – Head of Learning – Aussie Home Loans
- Enabling Technology – Michael Eichler – Senior Manager Learning, People & Culture, Insurance Australia Group (IAG), Australian Region.
- Synthesis and Integration – Jeevan Joshi (Producer – Learning Cafe), Cathy Callaghan (Director Learning & Development at Telstra), Pierre De Villiers—(Learning, Talent & Diversity Lead – Pacific at Marsh)
- + More than 10 other experienced Learning Professionals who will facilitate sessions.
Have a look at the UnConference Content and Structure and you will see why the Learning Cafe UnConference is unique and value adds. 95% of the participants who attended the 2012 UnConference, said they would come back.
This is a unique event open to a limited number of experienced learning & development professionals to maintain the quality and intimacy of discussions.
- Date : Wednesday, 18 Feb 2015, Thursday
- Costs :$ 390 + GST – Early bird till 22 Dec 2013 and $425 + GST after 22nd Dec).
- Venue : Australian Technology Park, Eveleigh, Sydney