The Learning profession is undergoing a structural change with the technology delivery playing an increasing role. The world of “classroom” learning is being forced to adapt and accommodate the new realities of reduced budgets, flexible delivery and technology savvy learners. As with any change, there is fear of “letting go” of the comfort zone and explore other delivery modes and technologies.
Building blended learning capabilities can be made easier by:
- Creating an understanding of the “new”.
- Developing a scaffolding of new skills to continue the journey to the “new”.
- Understanding organisational opportunities and constraints in implementing the “new”.
- Creating an awareness of the pitfalls and risks of not making the change at a professional and personal level.
- What is blended learning?
- Theory and Practice Blended Learning
- Analysis, Design and Development for Business and Performance Needs
- Blended Learning better practices including lessons learnt from LearningCafé Community
- Be able to describe blended learning better practices and resources.
- Be able to describe the benefits, challenges and outcomes of blended learning in context of : Work – Learning design, facilitation and evaluation etc. Career and professional development
- Develop an action plan to prepare teaching in a blended format
- Instructional design – Align objectives with content, chunk course content for manageable delivery learning tasks and assessments.
- Utilize online activities that connect learners to each other and authentic experiences.
- Experience contemporary learning delivery methods including Learning Management Systems (LMS), blogs, online simulations, virtual worlds, wikis, virtual classroom, social media, video and audio.
- Live projects or case studies form the backbone of our workshop.
- Extensive “hands-on” use of technology platforms.
- Blended design with pre and post-classroom virtual sessions to reinforce learning
- Sophisticated team based online simulation
- Online resources
- Duration – 1 day F2F + ½ day virtual
Managers and senior professionals from
- Human Resources
- Learning and Development
- Organisational Development, People and Culture
- Workforce planning
- Sydney – TBC
- Melbourne – TBC
What to Get
Jeevan Joshi—Founder LearningCafe & Director KnowledgeWorking. Jeevan over 18 years of experience in the management of the learning and HR functions. He has combined a strategic and “hands on” approach to assist organisations design and transform the learning and HR functions through new business and delivery models. His expertise is fuelled by his passion for learning, anticipation of technology trends, and a focus on costs effective solutions. Jeevan has an MBA in HR from XLRI, Masters in Biotechnology and is a Non-Executive Director at Independent Living Centre (NSW). He was entrepreneurial experience and worked in various roles as a consultant or manager for PWC, Deloitte, Boots Pharm, Westpac, St George Bank, Royal Australian College of Physicians.