12 discussion sessions of 40 minutes each. Facilitators are free to use their own structure / agenda as long as it adds value and encourages discussion.
- Facilitator makes opening remarks and their point of view (POV) about the topic.
- Talk about current issues, advances and trends.
- Open and facilitate a discussion on the “big questions” on the topic.
- When you near the end of the allocated time – summarise the discussion.
- The summary will be shared in the synthesis session.
Learning Labs essentially comprises of organisations talking about substantial business issues in learning and crowdsource solutions from participants.
- We are hoping that presenters can walk away with some ideas, suggestions and hopefully even solutions that they can implement in their organisations.
- The ideas, suggestions and solutions should be grounded in the realities of organisational constraints such as limited resources, workload pressures and existing capabilities. Please note that if your suggestion does not fit into the context or will not work, the facilitator can move to the next suggestion. Please avoid suggesting specific offerings from vendors.
Immersion Labs are a “hands on” exploration of some the newer tools available to us.
- It is OK if you don’t understand all of what is going on or don’t “get it”. The idea is get a taste so that you can explore in more detail, in your own time.
- You can participate using your own laptop or tablet or you may choose to watch someone else sitting close to you or to form a group. Internet connectivity is provided however the speed may vary.
The open session is essentially a soap box (4 mins each), an opportunity to raise issues or express your opinion pertaining to learning, as long as it fits into the scope of the UnConference. It is not necessary to prepare, you can speak up about an idea or question that you may have in mind.
If you have any questions for panel discussions please let the organisers know.