Gamification takes mechanics from games (points, badges, levels, leaderboards, feedback, rewards, etc.) and encourages people to change behaviour in non-game environments. Gamification was identified by Gartner in 2011 as an emerging technology reaching the peak of expectations before the inevitable disillusionment sets in.
Seven years on, we talk to a panel of Gamification experts to assess if Gamification has gained mainstream adoption and delivering the results expected from it. We dive into the challenges of implementing Gamification in organisations and some lessons learnt.
- Has gamification joined mainstream learning at the workplace especially for Learning?
- What are the best use cases for Gamification in organisations?
- What the implementation challenges and lessons learnt from Gamification projects?
- How does gamification impact the current design processes and team capability?
- Dr Rowan Tulloch – Expert in Digital Gaming and Gamification at Macquarie University. He is a national award-winning lecturer, receiving a prestigious Australian Awards for University Teaching Citation for Outstanding Contributions to Student Learning in 2016.
- Amir Yampel – Director BizEffective
- Jeevan Joshi – Jeevan is an experienced practitioner of digital learning and HR. He is the founder of LearningCafe.com.au and recognised a top 100 global eLearning mover and shaker.